I-130/I-485 Concurrent and B-2 Visa Extension Question

Recommended Posts

I am a US citizen. My parents are here visiting on a B2 visa.
Last month (Apr-2021), I applied for their I-130 petition online, got the online receipt (I-797) and then attached that to I-485 application bundle for concurrent filing that I mailed in.
It's been four weeks since all of that, and neither my checks have been cashed nor have they sent out a receipt for the I-485.

My parents' I-94 6-month duration expires in July 2021.
1. I've learned that if i receive a I-797 for their adjustment of status, my parents should be able to stay in the USA even after their I94 expires until their case gets decided (approved or rejected). Correct?
2. What happens if my checks aren't cashed yet and I haven't received any I797s yet from USCIS, and their I94 is about to expire? Do they have to return back to their country or can they continue staying? Do I have to file for an extension of stay?

Please share your insights. Thanks!

Link to comment
  • 2 months later...

Hello : I'm in same situation as you. I received I-797 for the I-130, my checks were cashed in for both I-130 and I-485 but I have not received another I-797 for I-485. Attorneys said I don't need to file for B-2 extension. Please do reply if you see this msg so that we can keep in touch.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.