Travel Ban - Travel from India to US on Advance Parole

AOSI485

Hi,

If the person has Advance Parole document, is the person exempted from the current travel ban from India to US? Since this is neither a non-immigrant visa nor a green card, not sure who to consult and get confirmation. I appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you

AP visa does not give any exemption.  You have to be a green card holder or citizen or spouse/minor children of LPR/Citizen to get the exemption.  For H1b the only exception is under NIE.  Apply to the nearest US consulate in India to request a waiver.  However unless you are working in health care sector, directly or indirectly related to Covid or some other sensitive or national security project, chances of getting NIE are small.

I have a flight on May 21 (India to USA), I called up United airlines and when I told them my immigration status EAD/AP they said I am eligible to travel on I-512 AP, not sure if that is correct, if I take risk and able to board the flight, what are the consequences at port of entry.

PLEASE SUGGEST.

Thanks.

From what I have been told (in other forums), H1b (and L) visa holders are currently restricted unless they qualify for NIE.  Until you get the green card, you are considered to be on H1b.  Advance parole is a type of entry visa to get back to US.  Which means restriction applies.  You may check with others or contact US consulate in India to be sure.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/13/2021 at 12:12 PM, A.C said:

I have a flight on May 21 (India to USA), I called up United airlines and when I told them my immigration status EAD/AP they said I am eligible to travel on I-512 AP, not sure if that is correct, if I take risk and able to board the flight, what are the consequences at port of entry.

PLEASE SUGGEST.

Thanks.

Hello...were you able to make it on Advance parole ? Any issues while traveling ?

Thanks