Travel Ban - Grandparents/US Minor

sud321

All,

Need your help on how I can get my Mother-in-Law ( Indian Citizen ) Visiting Visa and my Child who is Minor ( US Citizen ) to travel to US on May 7th with travel ban restrictions. According to guidelines mentioned https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2021/04/30/a-proclamation-on-the-suspension-of-entry-as-nonimmigrants-of-certain-additional-persons-who-pose-a-risk-of-transmitting-coronavirus-disease-2019/ only option looks like

" any noncitizen who is the parent or legal guardian of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident is unmarried and under the age of 21; "

Is my mother-in-law eligible to travel with my kid but she is not legal guardian. What other options do we have. Please help me and suggested possible ways to get them to USA.

• 3 weeks later...

Mother-in-law is not eligible unless she is a legal guardian and has a valid visa.  One option is for one of you to go to India to bring the child, assuming you have a valid US visa to reenter.  Other option is to spend 14 days outside India before entering US.  Mexico, Serbia or Egypt are some of the options to spend 14 days.  Some have chosen the Mexico city option.   If travelling from Serbia to US, care must be taken not to transit via many European cities, which are under the same restriction as India.