Spouse stuck in India

Recommended Posts


My wife had to go to India on a family emergency; we have a 7 month US born who does not have an OCI and we could not get an emergency visa on time + looking at the current Covid situation in India, we decided it was best for the kids to stay in the US (7MO, 4YO). 

Her visa status changed from H4 > H1B last year. The first available slot shows in Aug 2021. 

We are really scared of our kids mental health due to a sudden separation; and want to know if there is a way to get an earlier interview appointment. 

Any advise in this matter is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...

Check if you qualify for emergency appointment, check if you're exempt from travel ban, if not then you might want to travel to any other nation that's accepting H1/H4 interview applications and quarantine there for ~15days while during appointment and prepare to travel from that location to US. 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.