Re-entry Permit application during COVID | Can it be filed from India?

Hello,

I am working in India for an Indian subsidiary of a USA Headquartered company.
My Re-entry permit expires on 20 Jun 2021.
My first re-entry permit was valid from Feb 2017 to Feb 2019, but I moved to India in Feb, 2018. (been working in the India for around 3 years and 1 months)
in 2019, I came to USA to file the I-131 Travel document. and came to USA again in few months later in 2019 for finger printing.

1. Considering Pandemic, can we I do file re-entry application process I-131 through a USA consulate in India instead flying to USA, only to mail the application form?
  2. If not, do I need to come to USA 2 times like I did in 2019. First time to file the I-131 petition and return to India  and  then for second time to do the finger printing once I get the appointment in mail?
  3.  If I have to come to USA to mail the I-131 application, My Re-entry permit expires on 20 Jun 2021. So as along as I arrive in the USA before Jun 20, 2021 I will be allowed to enter the US at the port of the entry. Then mail my application and then return to India rite?
  4. Do I need to get quarantined in USA, if I come from India? if yes, for how long? I just need to mail the application I-131? Can I do it from the hotel and then fly back to the USA?
  5.  If I have to come to USA to file, My Re-entry permit expires on 20 Jun 2021. So as along as I arrive in the USA before Jun 20, 2021 I will be allowed to enter the US at the port of the entry. Then mail my application and then return to India rite?
  6. Can USCIS determine if my last biometrics taken in 2019 is good to use, which means I have to only travel to USA from India, only for mailing  the  I-131 petition?
  7. Since I have been working in India for round 3 years and 1 months, when my re-entry permit get renewed, how much additional time I Will get? Is it the same 2 years?

Thanks,
Arjun Ganesh

Hi All. Due to rise of Covid cases, USA has put travel advisory on travels from India.  My re-entry permit  expireson 20 Jun 2021.
Please provide suggestions on how I can keep my green card valid (Expires on June 2025)..

As I can't travel to USA to mail the I-131 re-entry permit application due to travel advisory by the USA goverment.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,
What is the correct email address to contact USCIS? Not able to speak with a agent..been calling USICS call centre for 3 days +1800 375 5283

On 4/22/2021 at 9:13 PM, JoeF said:

No. The SB-1 requires that you were unable to travel due to no fault of your own. That basically means if you were in the hospital. Even during the pandemic, most of the time there were flights available.

On 5/19/2021 at 1:20 PM, Arjun890 said:

Hello,
What is the correct email address to contact USCIS? Not able to speak with a agent..been calling USICS call centre for 3 days +1800 375 5283

I am not aware of an email address for them.

And the call center is not even USCIS. That's outsourced.

Edited by JoeF