Can my spouse enter on H4, I have valid H1B extension and EAD/AP(EB2 NIW)

Recommended Posts

I have been using EAD/AP from EB2 NIW (since it's NIW it's not tied to any employer) to enter US since 2010(after my H1b stamping got expired). At the same time I have been extending my H1B in case my I485 does not get approved and I can fall back on H1B.  I have also changed couple of employers. Each of the employers also filed for my H1B extensions whenever the current periods expired. I recently got married and my wife got her H4 stamping done. So can my wife enter using her H4 and I still enter using my EAD/AP? Or do I need to get my H1B stamping done. Suppose if she enters using her h4 and I enter using my AP, what happens if my I485 does not get approved, will she be out of status immediately?

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.