Applied for AOS/EAD and I-131, can I travel outside the country?


Recommended Posts

Hi, I am on H4 and have applied for Adjustment of status and Advance parole in October,however I alone need to travel for personal reasons to India. Does this effect my existing application? If it is cancelled in this case can I apply once again after coming back to the USA on H4?Or do i have to wait for the priority date to do so again?

Will this have any repercussions on my 485 and I-131?


Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

yes you can travel.   if your last entry is AP and sent a renewal then you can't until it gets approved. 

In some emergency cases you can travel and should return before the new AP approval provided you have a valid visa or previous AP still valid on the date of entry into US.

hope this helps.   As always consult with your immigration attorney.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.