Travel while pending I-539 L2 - Expired I94/visa


Recommended Posts

My L1b visa extension just got approved till June 2022 (notice pending) and my wife's I-539 is still pending. My wife wants to travel to Canada (she is Canadian) and stay there for a few months as she is pregnant and Canadian healthcare is free (she has a health card). I understand that her I-539 will get terminated when she travels but can she get an L2 from Canada using my approval receipt through either consulate or port of entry ? My understanding is that Canadians do not need consular processing of L visas and can get it stamped at the port of entry. Will she have any issues coming back to the US ? What things should be considered in this planning. 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.