I94 date not match with I797

mkkicha

Hi,

I went to India 2 weeks back and came back on Dec 25th, 2020. I have my VISA stamped until Sep 2021, However, I had applied for an extension before traveling and got it approved. So the new 797 is valid until Feb 2023. 
At the port of entry, the officer dint asks for I797. The next day when I looked online I noticed my I-94 is only valid up to Sep 2021.
In this case,

What is my situation after Sep 2021?

Will I-94 get updated automatically when my new I-797 kicks in?

Do I need to go to the CBP office and get it corrected? 

Should I go for stamping again? 

What is the process of getting a new I94 for my new 797?

Please advise.

Your stay is limited to Sep 2021. ***It is traveler's responsibility to present the I797A showing extended H1B status....POE officer has no clue that you have extended H1B past the date shown on visa stamp.

1) You can either drive into Canada/Mexico and drive back into US before your visa stamp expires and show your I797 AND tell the POE officer that you do NOT want to use AVR and want a new I-94

2) Or, you can apply for another H1B extension

3) Or, If you are feeling lucky, you can try to go to a CBP office and see if they will extend your I94 (sometimes they do but most of the times they refuse outright)