Studying abroad on an AP

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

         I received my I-485 filing receipt a couple of weeks ago and my firm (Murthy) will be filing the EAD/AP paperwork today. My I-140 is in the EB1 category, if it makes any difference to the issue I raise below.

I am presently employed on H1b but am considering applying to graduate school in Canada. If selected, the program starts September 2021.

Let us assume I get the AP before Sep. 2021. [Leaving without an AP is not an option as I would simply be abandoning my GC application.]

Is what I am considering possible? Has anybody here tried the same?

[I am also discussing this with my attorney at Murthy but would nevertheless like to hear from people on this forum.]



Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.