Travel to US on non-immigrant visa while I130 approved and pending with NVC

Hi,

My parents(living in India) I130 was approved by USCIS and case was transferred to NVC, all documents like civil, police certifications, Affidavit of Support was uploaded to NVC and accepted, waiting for next steps on CP. My question is whether they can travel to US on their non-immigrant visa and while in US, perform AoS instead of going back for CP.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am in the same boat as you, trying to apply for consular processing (824) with my mom's 130 petition approved. I am wondering if she can travel to US on visitor visa(B2) with pending 824 (keeping the receipt). I am wondering if your parents had travelled to US without any problems

appreciate your response

Siva

• 3 months later...

Hello Both,

Did either of you get any response or additional information on this topic. I am in a similar situation and would like my mother to travel for a short time and go back and continue counselor processing.

Also, how long did it take for you to get communication from NVC post I-130 approval ?

Thanks in advance !