Concerns with no EAD/AP filing with I-485 by Law Firm

Hank15

Like many of us, we came to know over the weekend that, "my law firm" is not filing EAD and AP along with I-485 application for people whose PD have become current for filing. MLF have given work-load as the reason. 

From an immigrant waiting in line for years - here are the concerns. I wanted to know, what others are feeling?

1. I-485 receipt will take about 2-4 months or more (due to sudden rush at USCIS) to come back. So, if EAD/AP are filed after receipt, it will significantly delay EAD/AP timeline for us.

2. Add to that, USCIS might close or delay EAD/AP processing longer than current due to such sudden rush. Currently its taking about 4 months to process - with the sudden rush, if EAD/AP are filed later, people may have to wait 8-9 months just to get EAD/AP approved or more. 

3. In worst case scenario, USCIS could temporarily stop taking EAD/AP application sighting work-load issue and that will make EAD/AP situation even worst for people filing late. 

Intent of this thread is to stir a heathy and progressive conversation with clients alike who are facing similar concerns. Intent is not to downgrade any law firm.