H1B Renewal, stamping

I have valid visa stamped till 31-Dec-2020 and in India. I have never travelled to states before. Im Serving a different client now who is in different state.

There is no change in my sponsor as I am working for the same company. My company is suggesting me to do H1B renewal in premium as new client has longer validity (2023).

Since my stamping/I94 are of different client and location, if renewal is done for the new client and location, can I travel with old stamping before Dec-2020? or I need to do fresh stamping after the current ban is over?

11 hours ago, ps_karthi said:

I have valid visa stamped till 31-Dec-2020 and in India. I have never travelled to states before. Im Serving a different client now who is in different state.

There is no change in my sponsor as I am working for the same company. My company is suggesting me to do H1B renewal in premium as new client has longer validity (2023).

Since my stamping are of different client and location, if renewal is done for the new client and location, can I travel with old stamping before Dec-2020? or I need to do fresh stamping after the current ban is over?

sorry I meant I797 not  I94.

A friend of mine had a similar situation. He had a stamp for employer A and changed to employer B and then traveled to India. Dint renew any stamp and at CBP checkpoint, they asked him if he changed the employer and they dint raise any issue and let him pass. Hope it helps. Be sure to carry all and every document that you can get along with contact names/numbers, approval notices, etc