GC Processing on own exepenses and own lawyer


Recommended Posts

Current Status:

EB3 Labor on Employer A - Priority: DEC 2004

I485 - July 2007

Currently working for a different Employer B on EAD. Employer B does not have a legal department to sponsor or process Green Card. Can I hire my own lawyer in order to start new green card application on EB2 so that I can port the date while applying new I485? Is this possible? If so what documents would I need to request from Employer B for all the processes including Labor certification, I-140 and I-485?

Please advise. Thank you,


Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

Please be aware that the law requires that the sponsoring employer pay for ALL fees and costs associated with the PERM Labor Certification process. Therefore, even if you chose your own attorney to assist you with your case, your employer needs to be the one paying for the attorney's fees, advertisement costs, etc.

If you have specific questions in regard to your case, I recommend that you contact a knowledgeable immigration attorney in regard to your case.

The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded Greencard Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.