H1b transfer - safe in current situation?

I am concerned about the government's move to restrict immigration. Is it safe at this time to change my employer, and do an H1B transfer?

I know that premium processing is suspended. I plan to start work on Fedex receipt - I am aware of the fact that processing will take time, and if my transfer is rejected, I will have to leave the country . I have worked here for many years, and have an Msc from the US in my field - so have been advised by a lawyer that I am at low risk for visa denial.

However, I am still concerned that there may be new restrictions, and new risks which could come into play. Does anyone have a feel for the likelihood of further restrictions, is it in general a safe time to be changing jobs?

Starting on a Fedex receipt is a risk. You should atleast wait for the USCIS to issue a receipt notice.

No one can predict the future, but this EO is taking credit for something which was already implied. If the consulates are closed, then there won't be any immigration, so not sure what this EO will achieve. Unless they keep extending it after consulates open.

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to transfer H1 when current visa & I94 is valid for another 5 months and H1 extension by current employer is on RFE status?

If yes, and H1 approval comes,  then the H4 applications filed based on H1 extension by current employer needs to be edited or re-filed for new approved H1?