H1 and H4 Stamping Questions

shyamm1986

Hi Everyone,

I am right now located in the US and my wife is in India and have approved I797 until June 2020. I had booked for my H1 and wife's H4 interview together but due to the corona virus situation, I might not end up travelling and my wife will need to attend the H4 interview alone. My questions are

1. Do I need to cancel the current booking which is for both H1 and H4 and rebook just for H4? Or can she attend the fingerprinting/interview on the existing timing?

2. If I need to cancel and rebook then can I use just her payment receipt information to book the appointment or do I need to file new DS160 and pay the fees again?

Please advise and let me know if you have any questions about my situation. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Regards,

Shyam

• 1 month later...

Hi Mr. Shyam,

From your message, it appears that your wife is in India and you are currently in the U.S. As of March 16, 2020, the U.S. consular posts in India cancelled all existing appointments. Your wife may contact the help-desk to make necessary edits to permit her to schedule the H4 visa interview.

If there are no changes to the visa application form DS160 that was already submitted, then the same can be used. If there are any changes, then a new form is needed and the CEAC # may have to be updated on the profile.