B2 Tourist Visa Renewal for mom

Hello - Iam on H1B and planning to renew my Mom's Tourist Visa which expired in Nov 2019. She had it for 10 yrs and during that period she visited me 4-5 times and 3 times i had extended her stay by 3-4 months as she was alone in INDIA(my father expired in 2009 Sep). Last time when she landed in US along with my sister's family(my sister is a US CITIZEN) at SFO, the immigrations officer pointed out that my Mom had already extended her stay 3 times in the past visits and he would only allow her into US if she is leaving the US within the stipulated next 6 months. She did leave US within 6 months.

Since iam going in for a renewal for her, i had few questions.

1. Will the situation / issue which happenned at SFO airport have any bearing on her Visa Approval?

2. Assuming the Visa is approved, will landing again at SFO, as port of entry , while travelling from INDIA, cause any issue at Immigrations?

3. Is there a risk involved, if my brother-in-law who is a US CITIZEN, applies/sponsors her B2 tourist visa rather than me? I mean all the supporting     documentation is provided by my brother-in-law. Since he is a US CITIZEN, does he applying for B2 tourist visa for my mom give an impression to Visa Officer about my mom being a potential immigrant?

• 1 month later...

Hi!

Given the fact that the applicant has extended her stay in the U.S. on multiple occasions, there is a high possibility that the applicant will be called for an in-person interview. Applicant should carry all relevant documents pertaining to prior extensions and be prepared to answer questions on prior travel history and the reasons for extension. Change of sponsor or contact person in the U.S. should not have any significant impact on the outcome of the visa application. She can also establish that though son is a U.S. citizen, she is not interested in migrating.  

The customs and border protection (CBP) officials at the port-of-entry decide on the entry of a non-immigrant on a case-to-case basis. The travel history will have an impact. However, in general, on the first entry after issuance of visa, the CBP should let the B2 visitor into the U.S. without any issues. Should you need professional assistance, you may reach one of the Attorneys at Murthy Immigration Services, India on info@murthyindia.com.