H4 extension 797 Spelling mistake - Safe to travel for stamping?

Vinod S

Recommended Posts

My wife's name is misspelled in her H4 797 and my daughter's H4 797 (one alphabet is wrong in her first name). We tried correcting it through our current attorney and USCIS but it's taking longer than usual (It's been almost a year). My wife wants to travel to India for vacation and will need stamping to get back into USA.

I am not travelling to India so I am planning on giving her my original H1B-797 (which doesn't have any mistakes), our wedding certificate and a few of my latest pay stubs. Will she have any issues in getting her H4 visa stamped?

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.