H1 Transfer from outside US, before activating it

Recommended Posts


I have an approved and stamped H1 for my company which is outside of India. However after returning from stamping, they are not willing to move me to the US anytime soon. So I am considering what are my best options at the moment - 

  1. In such a case, is it possible to transfer to another company while I'm still outside the US?
  2. Considering this is the first time I received it and haven't even entered the US to activate it, will it still be a H1 Transfer?
  3. If it is a H1 Transfer, will the approved I-797 from the new company be sufficient or will I need to go for stamping again?
  4. If it is not a H1 Transfer, are there any other options to utilize the visa?

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Edited by SarojiniU
Link to comment
  • 5 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.