L2 to H4 COS delayed

Recommended Posts

This is my situation:

I am the principal applicant in L1-A, living with my wife and kids in US (in L-2). I-94 end date was 10/Dec/2019.
My H-1B petition got approved along with Change of Status (COS) on 25/Nov/2019. New I-94 is extended till Apr 2021. 
Visa is not stamped yet.

H-4 COS (L-2 to H-4) for my Spouse and kids was not filed along with my H-1B COS but filed separately on 5/Dec/2019 (L-2 I-94 was still valid by this date).

I would like to know: 
A). If there is there any serious implication because of the 10 days delay in filing H-4 COS?
B). Is there any duration limit till which my family can stay in US? (or) Can they continue to stay in US till H-4 gets approved?


Link to comment
  • 7 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.