H4 dependent visa still under admin processing

SmH4

Hi I applied for H4 visa in Calgary Canada I attended interview on November 26th 2019 after 2 F1 rejections.I didn’t receive any white slip but I was told at the end of my interview that my visa is going to be under admin processing. I contacted consulate for update but I still didn’t receive any update from them. Case was last updated on Nov 26th as administrative processing. Can someone please let me know how long does it takes for the admin processing? 

On 12/10/2019 at 9:21 PM, User099 said:

There is no specific timeline, it can take anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks or more in some cases.

I received an update to attend a follow up interview next week. Do you have any idea why do they call for a follow up appointment? Have you seen / known this before. Please let me know. Thanks

On 12/13/2019 at 11:45 PM, SmH4 said:

I received an update to attend a follow up interview next week. Do you have any idea why do they call for a follow up appointment? Have you seen / known this before. Please let me know. Thanks

They do call for a follow up in some cases. But I am not sure what are they going to ask.

On 12/16/2019 at 7:24 AM, User099 said:

They do call for a follow up in some cases. But I am not sure what are they going to ask.

Hi i got an email confirmation this morning to bring in my passport along with the email confirmation i received for my appointment tomorrow at 11AM. 

On 12/23/2019 at 12:46 AM, User099 said:

How did it go?

It was a nightmare. Asked so many personal questions and also they asked me to wait for sometime and they spoke with my husband over the phone to cross question him. The VO asked the same questions to me and to my husband. Later took all the original documents and returned my passport with 221(g) yellow slip. 
I gave a call to DOS to check on the status and she asked me whether the VO took my passport or gave it back. I told her that I gave the passport back then she said you have to wait for few days I don’t have an estimate on your case. 
I took an appointment with attorney on Dec 26th to discuss about the interview and the questions they asked both of us. I don’t know why they are questioning for a H4 visa like they are questioning an immigrant visa applicant. 

On 12/24/2019 at 12:49 PM, User099 said:

All the best! Just some additional scrutiny as you have 2 rejections, I feel it will come through in the end.

I spoke with sheela murthy regarding this. She is going  to represent me to the consulate with all the necessary documents. Hope this won’t take too long. I was in Canada for 2months now. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...