EB1(a) – Persons of Extraordinary Ability

Attorney_23

This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions about the EB1(a) category, which is for persons of extraordinary ability. 

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.

2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.

3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.

4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.

Hello Murthy Law Firm, 

I am a physician, working in a medically underserved area. I have a few articles published in medical journals.

Does the number of citations in a published journal matter? if so how many on an average is required to file for EB1?

Also, does expert analysis in a major newsletter contribute to "Evidence of your authorship of scholarly articles in professional or major trade publications or other major media"?

Thank you 

On 12/5/2019 at 9:21 PM, Shiva555 said:

Hello Murthy Law Firm, 

I am a physician, working in a medically underserved area. I have a few articles published in medical journals.

Does the number of citations in a published journal matter? if so how many on an average is required to file for EB1?

Also, does expert analysis in a major newsletter contribute to "Evidence of your authorship of scholarly articles in professional or major trade publications or other major media"?

Thank you 

The number of citations to an article does matter for the analysis. However, there is no specific minimum or average. The strength of the case is often a totality of the circumstances analysis. If you are trying to judge your likelihood of success in the EB1 category, it may be helpful to have the analysis done by one of our attorneys that work in this area. We will provide you a detailed questionnaire for your completion that will provide our attorney with a good outline of your accomplishments and qualifications. They will then speak to you about the strength of the case and discuss things you can do that may be helpful.