Withdrawn I140. moved back to home country. options to come back


Recommended Posts


I lived in US for about 7 years(2004 to 2011 - 7th year was on GC processing). I moved back to home country for family reasons. I got my I140 approved after I moved back to India. My employer has withdrawn my I140 in 2015(approved in 2011). Now if I plan to come back could anyone suggest on available options.

. Am I eligible for  H1B under cap exemption?

. Should I start from PERM with new employer staying in home country and port the old priority date

. Any other options.

Thanks in advance.


Link to comment

Thanks for the replies.

1. Related to H1b

  a. Am I eligible for fresh 6 years under cap exemption ?

  b. Can I travel on tourist or Business visa and apply for H1b ?

  c. Will there be any complication in applying for H1b?


2. Related to GC, though I am allowed to stay in home country and my future employer can apply for my GC, how to proceed after getting I 140 approved

   a. should I attend a GC interview in India? I mean, will it be a workable solution in a practical scenario?

  b. or should I travel on some visa and apply for change of status


Thanks in advance




Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.