Hello

I have a couple of questions around my citizenship application:

Current Situation:

• We are in Dallas area
  • Filed for N400, Bio metric done. 
  • Interview is scheduled for 01/02 at Irving, TX location
  • I need to travel to India in 2nd week of Feb 2020 - March mid 2020

Keeping the above information in view, have following questions:

1. Will the oath ceremony happen on the same date as the interview in Irving?

2. If not, how far is the Oath scheduled after the interview?

3. Will USCIS allow rescheduling the oath? I was planning on scheduling it after I come back from India?

4. Has anyone got the US passport made using the rush service? Since we will have a short window, just want to be sure we have enough time to get the passport made and apply for evisa at ckgs.

5. Do I need to file for Indian passport renunciation immediately after the oath? Or it can wait for a month or 2?

Any other recommendations / experience related to my situation will help as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2019 at 12:40 PM, Dhinv said:

Hello

I have a couple of questions around my citizenship application:

Current Situation:

• We are in Dallas area
  • Filed for N400, Bio metric done. 
  • Interview is scheduled for 01/02 at Irving, TX location
  • I need to travel to India in 2nd week of Feb 2020 - March mid 2020

Keeping the above information in view, have following questions:

1. Will the oath ceremony happen on the same date as the interview in Irving?

2. If not, how far is the Oath scheduled after the interview?

3. Will USCIS allow rescheduling the oath? I was planning on scheduling it after I come back from India?

4. Has anyone got the US passport made using the rush service? Since we will have a short window, just want to be sure we have enough time to get the passport made and apply for evisa at ckgs.

5. Do I need to file for Indian passport renunciation immediately after the oath? Or it can wait for a month or 2?

Any other recommendations / experience related to my situation will help as well.

1.  Many USCIS field office do interviews and separately schedule Oaths. That is field office specific practice.

2. Oath can be scheduled between 4 to 12 weeks after interview. Though there is no clear guidelines on this. This is based on the scheduling and availability of the slots.

3. You should be able to get Oath date changed.

4. Local passport offices can issue passports on the same day if you go there with the tickets and explaining travel emergency. You can also request expedited processing for a fee which you can get in two weeks.

5. After the Oath you cannot travel using Indian passport and you would have get renunication ASAP. Traveling without renunication is subjected to fines.

I would enquire with  Irving, TX field office if they schedule the Oath same day as interview or not. They should be able to provide timelines for Oath scheduling for your dates. Based on that you can plan the things.