Using Public Services on H1 for US Citizen child

Recommended Posts

My son is a US citizen and registered in state sponsored Speech early intervention program. I'm on H1B with approved I-140. I'm wondering if this will be considered public charge and will impede our GC processing in any way due to the new Rule on Public Charge Ground of Inadmissibility. 

I can stop the services any time but would like to confirm before canceling it. Thanks for the help.  

Link to comment

My apologies, this may not help you. But, if your child really needs early intervention, let him/her get it. It should not depend on the impact of your green card processing even if it has a negative impact. If I were you, I would take my child getting better (at speech) a top priority and do not care about my green card. Sorry, if I sounded harsh. 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.