J1 waiver Doctor-H4 visa


Recommended Posts



I am Doctor (Associate Professor) Govt. Faculty )from India. Came to US for 6 month fellowship. I got short term J1 scholar visa with 2 year condition. Was wondering if it can be waived? Anyone knows about process. I was promised that I won't be getting any condition.


Also my wife is on H1b with GC approved. Is that possible to transfer H4 now? or Can I apply for GC myself, I have more than 70 publications.


Any answers will be highly appreciated. 

Edited by sukhdeep
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.