New Rules for EB5 Immigrant Investor Program

Attorney_23

This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions regarding the new rules for the EB5 immigrant investor program, which are scheduled to go into effect on November 21, 2019.    

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.
2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.
3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.
4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.

If I am investing in TEA project before Nov 21st than how redeployment policy work under new TEA rules?

Do I need to maintain redeployment under new TEA rules? Or TEA rules are only applied to initial investment?

May I invest redeployment capital in any project as long as it maintain at risk condition?

11 hours ago, LookIn said:

If I am investing in TEA project before Nov 21st than how redeployment policy work under new TEA rules?

Do I need to maintain redeployment under new TEA rules? Or TEA rules are only applied to initial investment?

May I invest redeployment capital in any project as long as it maintain at risk condition?

The regulatory requirements, including the minimum investment amounts and TEA designation process, in place at the time of filing the I-526 petition will govern the eligibility requirements for that petition.