H1-H4+H4EAD filed and travel plans

Dia031007

I have filed for my H4_H4EAD concurrently in September 2018. I have not yet heard anything from USCIS and processing time is 12-15 months.

1. I am planning to travel to India sometime in March so should I wait till I receive my H4+H4EAD card or should I go for H4 stamping in India?
  2. If I go for H4 stamping in India do I need to withdraw my H4 + H4 EAD application and refile when I come back to US on H4?
  3. Can I just withdraw H4 application and not the EAD? How long does it take to withdraw my H4 +H4 EAD application?
  4. What is the process time for H4 EAD stand alone application when I am back to US on H4?
  • 2 weeks later...
  1. I am planning to travel to India sometime in March so should I wait till I receive my H4+H4EAD card or should I go for H4 stamping in India?  Is this extension or COS to H4 ? If there is a need to travel then its better to go Stamping for H4. If H4 EAD is priority then you can wait for few more months.
  2. If I go for H4 stamping in India do I need to withdraw my H4 + H4 EAD application and refile when I come back to US on H4? If you travel they get automatically denied.
  3. Can I just withdraw H4 application and not the EAD? How long does it take to withdraw my H4 +H4 EAD application? Most probably denied
  4. What is the process time for H4 EAD stand alone application when I am back to US on H4? 3-4 Months with current timeline.

Archived