H1B Transfer: Clarify my doubts on H1B Bridge petition

MohanPNP

H1B Transfer:Please clarify my following doubts

My Current H1B and I94 is valid till June 2019 with Company A, I understands that my H1B transfer with company B can be done before that expiry period and i dont have any issues. Please correct me if iam wrong.

My next question is about bridge pettition, When my H1B transfer is considered as bridge petition

1. My H1B transfer is filled with current valid I797 approval(assume it this expires in few days after the H1B transfer petion is filled) notice and waiting for the transfer approval while still working for Company A with extension request[during this time my I94 is expired]

2. My H1B transfer is filled after the current H1B/I94 expiry and waiting for the transfer approval while still working for Company A with extension request

Is both the above options considered as bridge petition or only the option 2 is considered as bridge petition?

If my transfer approved before the extension request, do i have any problems joining the Company B and dont worry about the decision of Company A's extension request? Kindly clarify considering the above mentioned 2 options.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to help you  with best of my knowledge for information purpose only. Please check with Legal before making any decision

1. My H1B transfer is filled with current valid I797 approval(assume it this expires in few days after the H1B transfer petion is filled) notice and waiting for the transfer approval while still working for Company A with extension request[during this time my I94 is expired] - Not a Bridge Petition as you filed before your I94 Expiry

2. My H1B transfer is filled after the current H1B/I94 expiry and waiting for the transfer approval while still working for Company A with extension request - This scenario is a Bridge Petition as Transfer may be dependent on your Extension with Company A

If my transfer approved before the extension request, do i have any problems joining the Company B and dont worry about the decision of Company A's extension request? Kindly clarify considering the above mentioned 2 options. --  If transfer is filed before I94 Expiry then you don't have to worry about Company A Extension Request.

Archived