H1B travel to UK with expired visa stamp and valid I 797

1kravi

I have an expired H1B Visa stamp but a valid I 797/I 94 until 2021. I wish to apply for UK Visitor visa from USA. Is a valid  US visa stamp absolutely essential for applying for UK visitor visa? I do plan to get my H1B visa stamp renewed in Canada/Mexico before my travel to UK. This question is primarily about the UK visitor visa application.

There is no such requirement that you have a valid US visa to apply for a UK visa. The UK visa will be judged on its own merits.

The only potential doubt in the UK's visa process could be that how would you as applicant return to the US to continue your employment (since the UK visa process usually asks for a copy of an itinerary). You may have to include some sort of explanation that you are going to apply for US Visa soon ie if there is even a provision to do so.

***Keep in mind, this may note even be an issue since you could simply say that you are en route to your home country via the UK hence there is no need for valid US Visa.

2 hours ago, rksingh said:

There is no such requirement that you have a valid US visa to apply for a UK visa. The UK visa will be judged on its own merits.

The only potential doubt in the UK's visa process could be that how would you as applicant return to the US to continue your employment (since the UK visa process usually asks for a copy of an itinerary). You may have to include some sort of explanation that you are going to apply for US Visa soon ie if there is even a provision to do so.

***Keep in mind, this may note even be an issue since you could simply say that you are en route to your home country via the UK hence there is no need for valid US Visa.

That's not  what OP stated. He/she is looking to visit the UK, not merely transiting. Stating anything other that factual information is misrepresentation. 

On 1/14/2019 at 5:40 PM, Provence said:

That's not  what OP stated. He/she is looking to visit the UK, not merely transiting. Stating anything other that factual information is misrepresentation. 

Agreed. OP should stick to facts.

***It is unclear from OP's original post as to whether intent is to visit UK and come back to US or visit UK and proceed onwards to a third destination.

Archived