Administrative Processing no Slip Passport taken

Mahi39

I had visa interview on Jan 10 2019 at Hyd, this is my first H1B stamping after my masters. Very basic questions were asked like Major, University name, Employer, Client, Salary. No slip was given and passport was taken by officer and said he is sending case for administrative processing will take 2 weeks or more. What are the chances of approval?

Edited by Mahi39

Approval will depend on merit of your case.Admin processing is probably due to your previous f1 status. Should not be a problem if you had not violated your stay in USA and your h1b petition is legit. No one can tell you the chances of a positive decision, that would be magical and magic is not real.

Edited by xTDx

I had my H1B Visa Interview on the 31st of Jan 2018 at New Delhi Consulate, India. The VO said my Visa is Approved, no slips were given. This was my first Visa interview since F1 Stamping.  I was very happy.

It's been 12 business days now and CEAC website shows that my application is under 'Administrative Processing' and the last update was my Interview date- 31st.

In addition to this, i dropped an email to NivND@state.gov, yesterday and this is the reply that I got 

"Thank you for the email inquiry. Your application is refused under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act for administrative processing.  After administrative processing is complete, the application will be reconsidered."

they asked me to wait for ~60 days. No update on https://ceac.state.gov/  

I do not know what to do, but wait. It's kind of a deadlock here as I cannot do anything about. 

Has anybody faced the same/similar issue? Or does anyone have an idea of what might be happening.

Thank You

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2019 at 10:31 PM, Mahi39 said:

I had visa interview on Jan 10 2019 at Hyd, this is my first H1B stamping after my masters. Very basic questions were asked like Major, University name, Employer, Client, Salary. No slip was given and passport was taken by officer and said he is sending case for administrative processing will take 2 weeks or more. What are the chances of approval?

Any update for you yet?

• 8 months later...
On 1/10/2019 at 10:31 PM, Mahi39 said:

Hi MAH139, Kindly let me know if you had any update on your case. Mine is very similar interview experience except that I work directly for a company. The VO also asked me if I was ever out of status on my F1. I said no and thats when she said she is sending for admin processing, might take 1 or 2 weeks, no slip given (only gave me know your rights pamphlet)

Anybody with similar experience- would really appreciate if you can share how the whole thing went. Hoping that everyone’s visa got issued after admin processing.

• 2 months later...