I140 Approved - Issue while filling Extension as Work Location and Home Location do not match....

CKRev

Hi, I have my I-140 approved and currently in the process of filling H1b extension as I have completed 6 years.

My CURRENT client location and LCA is at California (CA) while my HOME address is Texas (TX).

The NEW client for whom the extension is going to be filled is in TX, which is near my current HOME address.

I travel on a weekly basis (Mon to Thu) at the client site at CA. However, In the last few months, I did alternate week travels (in certain weeks) based on client agreement and health conditions.

I have been paying CA tax and my past payslips reflect both CA and TX on them.

Que) I would like to know if my past situation (occasional weeks when I couldn't travel & did work from home), could result in H1b Extension being rejected?

Or am I safe considering the new client for which the extension is being filled is in TX, which is close to my home address (within 50 mile radius)?

If at all it gets rejected, will my I-140 also get scrapped or can I apply for other client \ location?

Archived