Can I get back into my F1 OPT (F1 reinstatement) if my H1B is expired?

aoi viv

On April 2nd, 2018 my employer sponsored an H-1B visa through the 2019 fiscal year lottery. On 11/2/2018 my employer received an approval that was printed on 10/25/2018 and expired on 10/22/2018. While the notice says the change of status was effective 10/22/2018 I was never actually given a chance to be on H1 in status/extend my status given that it expired before it’s printed date. I was working on F1 - OPT and that is valid till May 2019.

3 hours ago, Leavemessageh1b said:

So your H1B approval was from 10-01-2018 to 10-22-2018 ?  make sure you read the approval notice carefully and get it checked by attorney since detail you provided are confusing. 

If COS was ever effective, OPT is gone. 

yes. Whatever I wrote was my exact case details. What are the options I have now to get back into status? If i apply for COS, Do i need to go out of country for visa interview?

11 hours ago, aoi viv said:

Okay. Thankyou. Can i apply for COS staying in US? If no so, for COS, Do I need to go for visa interview in India?

COS to what?

You need to discuss your situation with your company and their lawyer (they have one, do they?)

Archived