i140 Approved but not shared by employer

g4usat

Hi, My employer updated me that my i140 got approved. I think it might have been approved few weeks or may be couple of months ago, but not sure. However, when I asked for Approval notice, they are not willing to share it. So, couple of questions:

1)Is there any easy way to get the approval copy from USCIS? I read we can get it from FIOA but I don't know the receipt or LIN# of my i140.

2)Do I need to wait at least for 6 months after i140 approval in order to change employer to avoid any revocation of it from my employer?

3)I'm not in the process of changing my employer anytime soon, but do I need the i140 approval or just the LIN3 will do when I transfer/extend my H1B with new employer in future?

Appreciate your comments/guidance on this.

Thanks!!

• 2 months later...

It has been answered many times in the forum already. I140 is your employers petition. They are not obliged to share it with you. However most employers share a copy or the receipt number with the beneficiary. 

- If you have the receipt number, you are good to go. You will never need anything more than that.

- If you have the receipt approval copy , you are good to go, You will never need anything more than a receipt number.

- If you still cannot sleep at night, please file a FIOA request with DHS/USCIS and provide as much as you have or can. They will definitely find the approved petition for you if it was ever filed and send you a copy.

Archived