I-140 is approved, I have receipt number and A number but I dont have I-140 approval notice?

Raku

With my current employer I got my I-140 approved (180 days+). My current employer is not willing to share the I-140 approval notice copy. For my I-140 I got the A-number and receipt number from him but not copy of approval notice.
I am currently in my 7th year of my H1B, I am planning to go to a new employer. 
Can I do H1B transfer to new employer without I-140 approval notice copy but I have I-140 receipt number? 
Can I port my priority date by using only receipt number & 'A' number (without I-140 approval copy) with my new employer GC processing? Please advice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am in similar situation. My Employer doesn't give I-140 approval notice. The new employer is looking for I-140 approval for H-1B transfer.

FOIA is seems one of the option to get copy of I-140 Petition but it may not give I-140 approval notice. Is there any other option? Also, is it mandatory for new employer to have I-140 approval notice? I do have "A" number and I-140 receipt number.

• 1 month later...

I am in the same boat. Can someone please let me know if the new employer would need I-140 approval notice to file green card?

Also, does FOIA (https://www.foia.gov) provides the I-140 approval notice or they will just provide copy of I-140 Petition?

Is there anyone who actually got the I-140 approval notice from FOIA?

Thanks!

Archived