Place of Birth Different on Passport and Birth Certificate

Tjgarla

Hello I am in a strange situation now. My wife is born in Nellore AP and I have her Eseva Birth certificate that i received.

She got her first passport as Bangalore KA and it was issued in Bangalore as well. We renewed her passport in Houston again but the Indian consulate did not update the place of birth when i applied and specially told them to update in 2015.

Since the time my wife moved to USA with me we have put Bangalore India in every USCIS form applicable as place of birth for US consulate interviews as well.

My question is :

Indian consulate recently started updating place of births on the passport if we show them the original and the eseva copies from the State Governments of the passports.  but it i get a new updated passport with the correct place of birth will it impact her future USCIS documentation or 485 in the future. Or will it impact on her H4 visa stampings since all the previous information was BAngalore KA as birth.

How should i deal with this?

• 4 weeks later...

Bottom line is that all your birth data need to be identical in all documents. Passport and birth certificates are primary documents and must match with all the details. When this is not the case, one or both records are false and you will constantly face issues with this at every place you submit these documents. Correct all documents as soon as possible. As time goes, there is possibility that you will face more and more issues and higher difficulty to correct.

The best way is to go to near Indian Consulate and explain situation to higher officer. Sometime if you are lucky, this can be done quickly over the counter too. Be prepared and take all documents to show as proof. As you are in USA (assumption), there are some unusual requirements of the different Consulates, such as requirement of notarized seals, driving license of particular State, Bank Statement, proof of residency...and many more.

I have come across similar situation in the past and I advise you to allow enough time for your preparation and visit to consulate. You may have to visit them multiple times.

Archived