OPT application concerns

bayesianpath

Hi All,

I am currently preparing my OPT application and while going through it, I found some concerns. I am part of a dual-degree program, which means that I am currently enrolled in two university, My school in the US and my school in France. The program is open for top students in order to complete two degrees. 

Some of my credits in France transferred to my school in the US and vice-versa. The program requires an 6 month internship (by required, I mean it is mandatory and there is no way to get any of the degrees without doing it). 

This is was how I did my studies: I started in Fall and took 6 graduate level courses (18 credits), the program requires 5 but I took one more as I am used to taking a lot of courses in France. After that I started my internship in another state (This doesn't violate the one full-academic year requirement program as I needed to have finished my 6 months internship by August so I needed immediate CPT authorization). 

Why I am worried is that , for my internship I received two offer letters ( from the same company , they gave me two because internally they can't give 6 months internship offer letters). I received my first I-20 with CPT and everything was good there but when time came for me to submit my second offer letter to get CPT for it , my adviser made a mistake on the end date which got corrected and it turned out that I had also made a mistake on the end date which also got corrected. So at end for the second part of my internship I ended up with 3 I-20.  During that time I was enrolled in capstone courses, which meant that I didn't have to be at my university at the time.

I am worried because this might look like an abuse of CPT when in fact , it was just an honest mistake from me and from my school adviser 

If this could give you additional information, my school is a public institution but I am still worried that my OPT application gets denied.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived