EB3 to EB2 Which Emp to work for?

GreenCard1234

Hi ,

I have question regarding my case. I have ported my old Eb3(old employer) date to a EB2 (current employer) date. Since the date is current the 485 which is applied under by the old employer (which is in pending status for very long) got picked by and USCIS successfully interfiled and got approved for me and my wife. We just got the welcome letters last week. Waiting for the cards.

Now my question is should I work atleast 6 months to 1 year for my old employer who applied a EB3 pd july 2004 or the current employer whose EB2 140 date was ported from the old 140.

Any one who has idea about this. Can you please let me know

Thanks

Originally posted by GreenCard1234:

Hi ,

I have question regarding my case. I have ported my old Eb3(old employer) date to a EB2 (current employer) date. Since the date is current the 485 which is applied under by the old employer (which is in pending status for very long) got picked by and USCIS successfully interfiled and got approved for me and my wife. We just got the welcome letters last week. Waiting for the cards.

Now my question is should I work atleast 6 months to 1 year for my old employer who applied a EB3 pd july 2004 or the current employer whose EB2 140 date was ported from the old 140.

Any one who has idea about this. Can you please let me know

Thanks

Since you are no longer working for your EB3 employter, the question to work for that employer or not is invalid.

I recommend you work for your current employer for 6 months to 1 year.

Belle has made a point. You need to know what was the final eligibility which will be printed on your greencard. If it says E26 then Eb2 employer. If it is E3x series then it means your GC was approved under the Eb3 petition. So you would have to report to your old employer. Also not sure what is your country if chargebility

Archived