EB5 Immigrant Investor Visa

Attorney_23

This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions regarding the EB5 immigrant investor visa.

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.

2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.

3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.

4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.

On 7/12/2018 at 10:45 PM, LookIn said:

Hello Team,

Do you have any official i526 application filled number for India applicant?

I especially needed to know how many applicants from India filled i526 in 2017 and 2018.

Thank you 

For fiscal year 2017 (which ran from October 1, 2016 through September 30, 2017), there were 174 EB5 immigrant visas/I-485 applications approved for people born in India. This includes the actual EB5 investor and all of his/her dependents.

I do not have a running tally for 2018. (And, I do not see any statistics showing the number of EB5 cases filed.)

On 7/12/2018 at 12:58 PM, Attorney_23 said:

This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions regarding the EB5 immigrant investor visa.

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.

2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.

3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.

4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.

Team,

I am currently on H1B. I have been getting extensions on H1B based on approved I-140. If I apply for EB5 and get a conditional green card and for some reason, my I-829 is rejected and if I don't get the permanent green card, at that time, can I have an employer file for H1B based on the approved I-140? Thanks.

On 7/17/2018 at 3:13 PM, GCEagle said:

Team,

I am currently on H1B. I have been getting extensions on H1B based on approved I-140. If I apply for EB5 and get a conditional green card and for some reason, my I-829 is rejected and if I don't get the permanent green card, at that time, can I have an employer file for H1B based on the approved I-140? Thanks.

If the I-829 is denied, yes, it should be possible to return to H1B status. (It likely would have to be filed for consular processing.)

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2018 at 10:12 AM, Attorney_23 said:

For fiscal year 2017 (which ran from October 1, 2016 through September 30, 2017), there were 174 EB5 immigrant visas/I-485 applications approved for people born in India. This includes the actual EB5 investor and all of his/her dependents.

I do not have a running tally for 2018. (And, I do not see any statistics showing the number of EB5 cases filed.)

Where we can see this data ? Is that posted on USCIS site 

1 hour ago, Attorney_23 said:

I believe you can find it on the USCIS website. I did learn that, at a conference, it was disclosed that 375 Indians were granted EB5 immigrant visas for the first 3 quarters of FY2018.

Thank You for your response !! Really appreciate !!

That means still we have 325 for rest of the 2018. I have PD for August 2018.

Hello Team

Some basic questions 

1.what is the time line to conditional GC once the amount is transferred to escrow and from conditional GC to approved Status.

2. Can two siblings with other family members submit one application for eb5 or that’s not a valid option. Or does the investment need to be 2X in that case.

Hi,

What is an "Accridated Investor"?  there is any way to not show $1 milion of net worth  or $300k joint and $200k individual yearly income to be eligible for eb5? 

I am thinking of eb5 by taking home equity loan on my Primay home, but I don't think I can show 1 million of net worth or income to be Accridated Investor, is there any alternative way to still apply for eb5?

On 8/21/2018 at 2:15 AM, Neilp said:

Hi,

What is an "Accridated Investor"?  there is any way to not show $1 milion of net worth  or $300k joint and $200k individual yearly income to be eligible for eb5? 

I am thinking of eb5 by taking home equity loan on my Primay home, but I don't think I can show 1 million of net worth or income to be Accridated Investor, is there any alternative way to still apply for eb5?

Hello- I am not an attorney but have little knowledge about it but you can contact attorney if you want more info.

If you dont have $300K Joint or $200K Indvidual income then the next and the last option is to have $1Millon worth which you can show if you have any property in India or Jewelry or Cars in India or US or wherever you live. You have to get the letter from CA which says if combine value of all is worth Millon Dollor.  

On 8/15/2018 at 3:13 PM, ADC_guy said:

Hello Team

Some basic questions 

1.what is the time line to conditional GC once the amount is transferred to escrow and from conditional GC to approved Status.

2. Can two siblings with other family members submit one application for eb5 or that’s not a valid option. Or does the investment need to be 2X in that case.

If you are citizen of any other country except china and Vietnam then it is taking 20-26 months to get Conditional GC as per the current time lines.

If you belong to different families then you cannot combine then process but biological father is same then you definitely  need to ask from attorney as I don't know abut that.

Archived