H4-Confusion In State of Residence!

jyopv

Hi,

I am trying to apply for a H4 visa in Chennai consulate.While scheduling the appointment I am supposed to select a state of residence.

All my documents,ie, drivers license,passport,PAN card etc have my state of residence as Kerala.

I was working in Bangalore from May 2010 to April 2011. Then I resigned from the job and I'm staying in Kerala again from April 2011. I was staying at my relative's house so I dont have any mention in any documents that I have stayed in Karnataka.

My doubt is-

Which state should I select as the state of residence?in the website it is mentioned that -"

You must ensure that you have documentary evidence to prove the ‘State of Residence’ that you have selected to schedule the appointment. If it appears during the visa interview that you misrepresented your ‘State of Residence’, such facts will be noted on your case file and may adversely influence the outcome of your visa application."

Which state should I select-Kerala/Karnataka? What should be the documentary evidence I should provide if I have to select Karnataka because I was in Karnataka for more than 6 months?Now i'm back in Kerala. Please help

Archived