H1 Transfer and H1 Extension for same client

Sri0322

Hi,

I am working with Employer A from last 2 years and my visa extension(valid till Aug 2018 ) yet be filed. I am planning to work for same client with different Employer. So my current Employer A had a clause to have 1 month break before I can work for same client.

Q1: Can I resign my current Employer A and sit at home for 1 month without job and do the visa transfer after 1 month to Employer B ?

Q2: Is it allowed to work for same client by changing the Employer ? Any risk ?

Q3: Can I have H1 Extension for Employer A and  H1 Transfer for Employer B at the same time ?

Please Respond ASAP. Appreciate your help

@Sri0322
Q1: Can I resign my current Employer A and sit at home for 1 month without job and do the visa transfer after 1 month to Employer B ?

You have to be paid on H1B every month; but if your transfer is approved you can take max of 60 days to join the new company after quitting old employer. It all depends on your new employer.

Also I'm not sure any clause can be included by your employer for joining same client but do consult your attorney or legal advice.

Q2: Is it allowed to work for same client by changing the Employer ? Any risk ?

You can work for same client by changing your employer. I have seen many of my frds working similarly.

Q3: Can I have H1 Extension for Employer A and  H1 Transfer for Employer B at the same time ?

Yes you can there is no issue filing multiple H1 for same candidate.

Archived