Current trends - Full time opportunities at TCS

mars001

I have been working with TCS (since 2010) as a contractor at a client site where TCS is implementing partner to a US Firm. I got a Full time opportunity at TCS and trying to understand the approval rate for GC/Perm and H1B. I am in the 6th year of my H1B and will have to file an extension soon. TCS did confirm that they will file for my H1B extension and apply for my GC/Perm.

Would like to know how the situation is out there for TCS filings and is it worth to grab the fulltime opportunity or stay in contracting.

Thank you!

Okay..first things first..

there is no history of TCS sponsoring GC for EB2/EB3 in the recent past, you might check the same in DOL website.

And H1B filing and extensions outcomes are only speculative and one can't predict.

You have been filing for the same work location for all this time, with same documents and getting approvals, so ideally you should not be having any issues, but we never know. In one way you eliminate two layers, your employer and prime vendor if you are working full time with TCS.

Do you have an approved 140 already? Don't believe these guys , especially when you are in 6th year.

As of current scenario its always better to avoid WITCHES and try to get direct client roles or EC model. Looking at your situation you have 1 year to file Perm & I-140 to get approved which I won't weight on TCS (being an Ex-TCSer). I know many of my JR. team mates are waiting for more than 1 year to file perm after being promised of GC filing (all docs were collected 10 months back). Also they do file all their associates GC in bulk twice in a year. If they promise to file GC on EB1 only then its good option in my opinion(which they file for intl. managers) . Again its not legal advice.

I am not sure why you haven't requested your current employer to file GC earlier.

Thank you for your responses.

Yes, TCS started to file EB2/EB3 recently and yes they do it in bulk once or twice a year. I already have an approved i140 with my current employer and not sure if doing the process all over again with TCS is worth at this time considering that I have to file for my H1B extension soon.  However my contracting with TCS will end if I do not take this fulltime opportunity and I will have to look for a new job and then file for my H1B extension.

20 hours ago, mars001 said:

Thank you for your responses.

Yes, TCS started to file EB2/EB3 recently and yes they do it in bulk once or twice a year. I already have an approved i140 with my current employer and not sure if doing the process all over again with TCS is worth at this time considering that I have to file for my H1B extension soon.  However my contracting with TCS will end if I do not take this fulltime opportunity and I will have to look for a new job and then file for my H1B extension.

Given that you have an approved i-140, though you move to TCS, TCS can file extensions based on your approved 140 from your current employer.

TCS need not even start GC process, to use your current i-140 for H1B extensions.

Archived