Change of Employer - Consular Processing

Recommended Posts

I am currently on H1B working for company A. I have got offer from company B and the new employer is going to file change of employer petition. But since I will be travelling to India for 4 weeks next week, new employers attorney suggested to file consular processing so that it can be approved when I am in India. In this case after I come back from India to US, I would need to again go outside US (canada or  mexico) and come back to activate the consular processing.

Does anyone have similar experience? Which country is suggested to go out and come back to US - Canada, mexico or any other?? It seems canada will need a visa and there could be processing time wait. 

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.