H1B Drop Box with mispelled first name

vijaymrcet

Hi All
currently I'm  on  H1B extension and my  first name is spelled wrong in  approved I797 copy,it is spelled as VAJAY instead of VIJAY.
I'm planning to travel to India in march last week , I'm eligible for Drop Box option(went through lot posts in online most of the people were asked for in person interview and 221g)
Do the mispelled first name cause any issue during stamping? my employer has  raised a Service request 1 month back and it is still under processs
I'm working for a reputeted company for last 5 years, same employer, same client under EVVC model. I'm planning to carry all required supporting documents in case if they ask me for in person interview or 221 g
please provide me your valuable inputs

I filled my case under regular processing since we didn't had premium processing back in 2017 before sep.

I  received an RFE after sep , identified misspelled first name in RFE document which USCIS provides us.

submitted RFE response  with premium processing and attested a copy  from our company attorney to correct the misspelled first name with RFE response but still received approved I797 with misspelled name.

My employer has raised a Service Request and its been over a month and half,  I'm still waiting for it to be corrected

I've verified my LCA,I129, H1b supporting  copies provided during h1b extension for USCIS, my first name was spelled correct in all supporting documents

the typo mistake is from USCIS end.

how do we request them, is there any other form where my employer or i can submit to USCIS.

we cant expect the processing times from USCIS.

spoke to attorney and he says it wouldn't be a big issue since the typo mistake is from USCIS

Planning to go for drop box in march with all supporting documents.

when i look for status in USCIS by using my case number

i see below

is it going to cause any issue.

On February 21, 2018, we sent you an amended notice describing how we will process your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number **********.¿ It is being processed at our Nebraska Service Center location. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your amended notice by March 23, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I received below notes from my employer

The status of this service request is:

You or your representative has contacted U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) concerning a typographical error on an approved application/ petition.  We have forwarded your request to the adjudicating officer for correction. If an amended notice is appropriate one will be sent upon completion.

please provide me your inputs if i can plan for drop box in march.

Archived