For those who got their H1B ext stamping done prior to their current H1B expiration Date

Siri1965

I'm in the same situation...  please share any experience

Current H1-B stamp was obtained in Vancouver, Canada and is valid until July 5, 2018. My company applied for H1 B extension via premium processing and received new I 797 which has dates from July 6, 2018 - 2021.

I'm planning to travel to India on March 1, 2018, can I appear for interview and get the H1 B stamp for new I 797 (renewal)? 

US travel doc website mentions that for new employment, we cannot apply for visa more than 90 days in advance but my scenario is for renewal with the same company. 

Going through lot of forums mentions it's ok get it done 4 months in advance if travelling to home country but looking if anyone has personal experiences. 

Thanks!

21 hours ago, Siri1965 said:

Friends,

Are there any one who got their H1B extension stamping done prior to their current H1B expiration Date.

Please share your stamping experience, which is really helpful for people like me. Thank You.

H1B visa stamping is not required if you do have a current and valid stamp on your passport, for 90 or more days. Although you can appear for stamping and may be eligible to drop box as well.

In worst scenario you will not be given a new stamping but your existing visa will remain intact.

Archived