7th year H1b extension filing i485 ( during 240 day rule,period of authorized stay )

Shrinit

Hi

If 7th year H1b extension is timely filed before i94 expiry on the  base of i140.  I know that I can work and stay for 240 day ( period of authorized stay)with same H1b employer who filed extension.

My question is 

1) during 240 days when my i94 is already expired — Can I file i485 and EAD?

2) after EAD is approved Is it ok to start working on EAD for same employer?

3) if I switch to EAD then does it matters if H1b extension is finally denied

thank you very much for your response.

1) during 240 days when my i94 is already expired — Can I file i485 and EAD? -> When you can work on 240 day rule, then I am sure you could apply I 485, ead, ap

2) after EAD is approved Is it ok to start working on EAD for same employer? -> Yes, on ead you can work for same employer.

3) if I switch to EAD then does it matters if H1b extension is finally denied -> I think it should not matter whether h1b extension is approved/denied as you already applied i 485 to adjust the status.

Do you have EAD?

EAD has to to be applied to get. With EAD you can work for any employer provided your job is same or similar to previous one. And yes, it can be your same employer but you get liberty to change if you want. EAD takes precedence over H1b. Once you are in EAD, there is no more H1b considered. H1b stamp on your passport may  help you enter the country but that's about it.

Archived