H1B and Stem OPT status pending

binduk

Hi All,

My OPT last date is Feb 14th,2018 and I have applied for Stem OPT for which I have received the receipt and the status is pending. My employer filed H1B visa last year and received RFE which my employer submitted and the status is pending.  I am travelling to India on Feb 9th and returning back on March 7th.I have a valid F1 visa till 2019 Nov

1) Can I come back to US with both the status pending and OPT Initial has expired but I have the Stem OPT receipt?

2) If my H1B got approved first and the Stem OPT got approved later, will my status come back to F1 visa? 

3) If my H1B got approved and I got stamped, later my OPT Stem got approved, Can I travel back to US with H1 visa or do I need to go again for F1 stamping?

4) If H1B and Stem OPT both got approved,  and the status got changed to H1B, Can I ask my college DSO to reactivate my OPT and can I come back to US on F1 visa?

5) If my H1B got approved while I am travelling back to US, will I face any problems at port of entry?

Thanks,

Bindu.

• 2 months later...

My H1B got rejected when I am in India and   My employer filed I290b.My intial OpT has been expired and Stem-OPT process is pending but receipt automatically extends OPT to 180days. I travelled back to US, but didn’t face any issues at the port of entry.

Archived