Options when GC process is started but may not be completed before max out

kaps2kool

My employer has begun my green card process but it is in initial stage i.e. recruitment/advertisement has to be started. My max out date including recaptured time I spent outside US is end of May-2018. By then I doubt my PERM and I-140 will be approved. I wanted to know what are the options I have?
1. If my PERM doesn't get approved by May-2018 and I've to leave US, will the PERM continue while I'm out and can I apply for I-140 while still being out?
2. If my PERM gets approved but I-140 doesn't get approved by May-2018:
 a. Can I still apply for 7th year extension using my PERM?  (Note: May-2018 date is after recapturing the time I have spent outside US.)
 b. If I can't get 7th year extension using my PERM or if that is not an option and I have to leave US, then will my I-140 still continue processing and I can apply for H1B again under cap exempt once I-140 is approved and enter US?
3. In any way will it benefit to go out of US for sometime say March month and stay out until my PERM & I-140 is approved and then reenter so that I don't exhaust my max out?
4. Any other option/suggestion through which I can continue my stay and work in US?

Appreciate any help/suggestion.

Archived