Qatar or Etihad or Emirates for to and fro : USA to India

Rameshwar Rao

1 hour ago, Rameshwar Rao said:

Hi team,

Could someone advise if I should be careful in selecting a flight carrier for travelling from USA to India and returning back to the USA, in the mid-week of December, 2017? I'm going to India for my H-1B stamping.

I heard Abu Dhabi (if you choose Etihad) has POE, would that be beneficial?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Prateek

Port of entry does not matter. The only advantage you will get if you choose etihad air ways is your immigration will be done in Abu Dhabi instead of in USA. That means you don't have to stand in a queue for immigration in US POE and you can collect your luggage directly. Any way at any POE you will face same questions or may not face any question. Your first step is to get successful stamping in india.

Hope this information helps.

20 hours ago, Rameshwar Rao said:

Hi team,

Could someone advise if I should be careful in selecting a flight carrier for travelling from USA to India and returning back to the USA, in the mid-week of December, 2017? I'm going to India for my H-1B stamping.

I heard Abu Dhabi (if you choose Etihad) has POE, would that be beneficial?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Prateek

it just doesnt matter. Even in Abu Dhabi, you are talking to the same officials. The PoE in Abudhabi is just an experiment to reduce the wait times in US airports. Select the best flight for you. The one with less transit time or the one that offers a cheap ticket or whatever your criteria is. 

Archived