Green Card approved today

This is my first time posting here, but I have been a beneficiary of all the valuable information on this board, and especially the great knowledge of folks like Belle and Pontevecchio. Thank you all very much, and I hope that things work out for others waiting here very soon.

A few details about my case:

Processing Center: Nebraska

PD: May 26 2006

Category: EB2 India

I140 approved December 2006

I485 filed during July 2007 fiasco

I485 Receipt Date: September 11 2007

Finger printing and medicals done only once at the time of I485 filing

I485 approved: May 10 2011

H1B from Sept 2004 to May 2010; EAD from May 2010 to present.

Changed jobs twice:

1) First job change in Aug 2008 (filed AC21 shortly thereafter but initially only sent letter from attorney, received RFE, responded to RFE with letter from company)

2)Second (current) job change in May 2010 (this time filed AC21 with letter from company, no RFE)

Other comments:

- Received welcome letter by mail today; online status has not changed and no email has been received; status has been stuck in "response to RFE received" for months now

- I140 status online still says "Initial Review"

- I have an approved I130 as well (via marriage to a US Citizen); married in July 2010, filed I130 in Sept 2010, approved in March 2011

- In March 2011, lawyer sent USCIS in Nebraska request to interfile I485 along with copy of approved I130 (which was received)

- In April 2011, lawyer sent USCIS another letter rescinding earlier letter and requesting that employment-based processing continue since dates were about to be current (letter was never received)

- Fortunately, USCIS officer proactively called my lawyer on May 9 asking how to proceed (whether family-based or employment-based); lawyer refaxed earlier letter requesting employment-based processing

That's my 5-year saga. Sorry it was long, but wanted to provide as much info as possible. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

SC

OK Guys, After a long wait its my time to say "I received CPO email at 12 midnight". Thanks a lot to this forum and all members here. Mine is EB3-->Eb2 porting. EB2 140 application approved 3/3/2011. Contacted congressman office and raised 2 SRs. Most recent SR was raised 2 days back.

Archived